1/2/08

On the twelfth day of vacation

I'm trying to get the kids back into waking up when I want them to...not going so well today. August is still slumbering while Hazel is cuddling with Trey. I'm up and buzzing around the house with a list of things to do today, which includes taking some student art work down to the Seattle Center House to hang up for the Reflections Program. I thought it would be fun to either go to the Science Center or the Aquarium while we were down in that area...adding that to the list. Kat is going to bring Jonah downtown to meet us so the kids can hang together.
Hazel is ready to go back to school. She's in the habit of asking how many more days till school? She's pleased as punch that we're finally down to one hand.
Later today the kids are going to AK's house for a sleep over. It's perfect timing really. We've been talking about the kids going over there for a while now but this works out just great. Trey has to be at the airport at 5 in the morning tomorrow, with the kids doing a sleep over I'll be able to crawl out of bed without having to worry about how the kids will face the day that early. August and Hazel are very, very excited about it. Hazel has her quilted bag (thanks to my mom) all packed and well, August is still snoozing.
Having the kids with AK will give me some time with Trey this evening. He's had this whole time off with the kids which has been wonderful. I'm excited to sneak away with him for dinner and maybe a movie tonight. I'd love to see either Juno or Sweeney Todd. Has anyone seen these yet? I've heard great things about Juno...but haven't heard anything about Sweeney.

5 comments:

bandwidow said...

can't wait to have the kids here!

stephy said...

i've heard great things about both those movies. i want to see juno more, wanna go with me?

Jennifer said...

Hey Steph, ann and i were going to see a movie on thursday night...maybe we could see one up north and catch Juno then? let me talk to ann and make sure she's still in...

Anonymous said...

Juno, juno, juno. They sing everything in Sweeney Todd. It's more 'musical' and bloody than you think. Juno is my third favorite movie of the year (after "No country for old men" and "There Will Be Blood". With Superbad being somewhere just after all of that and "Eastern Promises" being just before Superbad. And don't forget The Savages. Ooof. it's been a pretty good year for movies.

tania said...

have a fun night!