1/16/08

Ice, Ice Baby

Walking to school this morning was a much needed comic relief. The
six blocks of pavement were covered in a crisp layer of ice. Memories
came flooding back from my childhood when Scott and random other
siblings and I all walked to school regardless of the Chicago temps.
We would tip toe on the frozen puddles wanting to hear the cracking of
the ice.
This morning I watched as my children attempted to crack their own ice
only to tumbe and fall. On one slight incline I giggled as we all
struggled to stay upright. Tank was even having a hard time walking,
he would look up at me with those puppy dog eyes as if he were hurt
that I would dare laugh at his brave walking attempts.
Sadly, the ice has melted and we will return to our boring old
pavement tomorrow...it was fun while it lasted.

2 comments:

kustuck said...

ah, that crack! i remember that sound as well....none of that here in the bay area. enjoy!

rachel said...

so sad it is gone, and may be all we get...:(