1/4/08

The End is Near



Welp folks, we're nearing the end of this vacation. I'm not going to lie, it's dragged on and on. The kids go back to school on Monday and Hazel as been asking to go back since Wednesday.
We've successfully stayed busy and had some good times.
Today we woke up early (9:00) to get some last minute things done before the weekend. I dropped off my passport paperwork for a trip Trey and I are taking in June for our 10 year anniversary. Used my last two checks to cover the cost and continued on with the list of things. Drove to our old neighborhood to visit with Rachel and Francis when my phone rang with news that I had written the check for the wrong amount. CRAP! Rachel was kind enough to keep the kids while I attempted to get more checks from the bank...nope...10 days to get em. I then called the office and asked if they thought I could just cross off the wrong word (it was written for 65 instead of 67) and initial it. They were pretty sure it would be OK. So I headed back to Lake City to correct my error. Whew! Done and done.
While we were in our old neck of the woods the kids and I stopped at a locally owned pet store. There was a super cute puppy hanging out so Hazel was in Heaven. They ended up having the exact crate we've been looking for for the back of the car (surprise Trey!). We recently sold our minivan and got a vw wagon. We're very happy with how we all fit. Tank is so happy with his new digs in the back and I'm so happy with the being able to drive around with the dog stuck in the back.
We're having another sleep over with Francis. The boys can currently be found in August's room playing DS. I'm going to start our VERY LAST Christmas movie of the season in about 15 minutes. Hazel is hanging out with me in the living room watching Jeopardy.

4 comments:

tania said...

i am very curious about your anniversary trip, for which you need a passport!! how exciting (and congratulations on the 10 years coming up!)

Jennifer said...

I'll post more as it gets close...don't want to think about it too much...it'll make the time crawl by if i do.

Hope said...

Wish we could have seen you all this Christmas. We hope you had a great one!

Jennifer said...

Hope,
next year. we're looking forward to meeting the newest Levin!