5/17/09

SUNday

What a great day...weather wise anyway...August has officially entered into a very mouthy/attitude/gross phase. Every word that comes out of his mouth is loaded with some sort of mean spirited oozing substance that cuts to the bone.
Trey and I are trying to avoid confrontation with this new version of our son but it's hard to do this when every conversation leads to a fight.
He looks happy in this picture, right? But then his team lost...again...and BAM! Spawn of Satan.

But the weather was good. 72 degrees...that's perfect in my book.
Did some weeding while Trey took the dogs to the dog park. August had the backyard neighbor over to play wii while Hazel went to the other neighbors house to watch them while they put a chicken coop together. She's over the moon about little baby chicken being right over the fence.
And look! My first Lily of the Valley!!

5 comments:

stephy said...

I love lily of the valley too! Wish I had them in my wedding.
I know what you mean about the angsty kid and what do you do?

bandwidow said...

we're strongly considering getting chickens here in the next year (after all the baby craziness) look forward to talking to trey about assembling the coop part.

melissa said...

jen - i've loved hearing little daily details of your week...i keep wanting to get on it and haven't. loving the honesty and simplicity!!!
thank you!

Margaret Dybash said...

It breaks my heart to think that one day Eli will be a mouthy little squirt

Jennifer said...

Oh he will...it will be a slow change though...you'll survive like the rest of us do.