5/28/09

Summer Trips

Well, with the warm weather these last few days, who can blame me for thinking about all that we'll be doing over the summer?
I'm poking around the internet lately to find some fun outdoor activities for when Amy, Zane and Audrey come to town...found this NW Trek thing...anybody know anything about it? It looks like it could be a pretty cool day trip, right?
Anybody have other ideas? We'll probably head out to the Edmonds beach, you know, the one by the ferry dock...that way we'll be able to see the new Bazan baby AND play in the sand and water all in one trip!
We've lived in Seattle for almost 10 years now and I feel like we haven't done much exploring! Help a girl out!!

6 comments:

Margaret Dybash said...

I went to NW Trek as a kid and loved it! I also suggest
Point Defiance Zoo, the ice caves near Granite Falls and spending a day at St Edward's Park on the north side of Lake Washington (the Bastyr campus is there). You can walk from the playing field down a trail through the woods to the lake, have a picnic and go swimming. I practically lived there as a kid. It's never too crowded! Jeremy and I are going to Mt. Rainier this summer. I've lived here all my life and never been.
Hope that helps. Off the subject, your hair looks rad. Good color.

tania said...

how about port townsend... maybe a bit far of a ferry ride and drive, but cute victorian town with coffee shops and really nice beach. this was always a favorite day trip of ours, especially when we lived over on the kitsap pennisula. hmmm... okay, i'll be brainstorming some other ideas of all the places i miss out there!!

bandwidow said...

Do The Duck! And I second the beach idea, I'm planning on spending much time down there this summer!

Unknown said...

MICHIGAN!?!

Unknown said...

Some in city ideas...
the discovery park loop, about the same distance as greenlake, but much more interesting and much less crowded, you can extend it by going down to the beach. also the hike down to carkeek beach from behind the holman road QFC is really nice...there's a hundred year old orchard on the way. I love going to the aquarium and then to the olympic sculpture park for a picnic. and i haven't done it yet but i've heard the landover woods hike (near the highlands) is quite nice too. (and you still have to come over and see my house, so put that on the list too.)

Jennifer said...

Keep those ideas coming! I've got a list going now...love it!
Eileen, I do want to see your place...soon...very soon.