5/14/09

Sun Break Thursday


When we first moved to the Great Northwest I was told of days like this...days where it starts out rainy and cold but then, about half way through, the sky clears up and the sun pours down. On days like this, I was told, people left work early and just went outside to soak in the sun.
I remember working at the JCC when this would happen. The little 2 year olds would wake up from their naps and see that the sun had made an appearance and they would leap from their nap mats and head towards the back door. I'm not making this up...it really happens.

I worked at the kids school this morning. Just did a half day. I was scheduled to work in Hazel's classroom and was very excited to be there as many of the kids I taught last year ended up in her class. Upon arrival this morning I was greeted with some family emergencies and a room swap. Not really a big deal for me and I didn't think it would be a problem for Hazel...until she quietly asked me why I wasn't going to be her teacher today. I explained that there were too many teachers out and that they needed to put me in another room. She was quiet for a minute, until I heard her sobbing. She said (between huge tears), "I'm just so disappointed!"
Poor Hazel.
I checked in on her before I left and she was having a perfectly fine day.

August had his monthly ortho appointment this morning. Trey was able to take him as I often find that I mistakenly take a job when August is supposed to be in the office.
I told August that we could have burgers tonight...he's been craving them for the last few days. We picked them up from Whole Foods and turned the grill on...they were delish!

The sun is still shining down on us:
And I'm loving it!

3 comments:

bandwidow said...

man...we got the grill going this evening too and did burgers...it just seemed like the right night to get summer goin'

tania said...

i am just loving all your photos! they'd make awesome cards or a calendar. so glad the sun was shining :)

Jennifer said...

awww, thanks Tania.

it was the right night Ann!