3/19/08

After School

Well, we were supposed to go to our friends house after school today but Hazel has been hacking up a lung for the last few days and I just didn't feel right exposing other children to her germs. So we came right home. I'm not gonna lie, the kids were bummed but quickly recovered when I told them that we were making Easter Cards and eggs instead.
I'm not really into dying eggs. I think it's a big mess for no good reason, but the kids were each given a kit about a month ago and they were not going let another year go by without doing an Easter project!!
So I got out my apron:

boiled the eggs:


and got all the bowls of dye together:


and let them at it:


Hazel stayed the longest...I think she grew attached to her eggs:

6 comments:

bandwidow said...

nice work kiddos!

i bet the kitchen smelled great afterwards...that's the part that i can't stand, the sulfur smell from the eggs and the vinegary-ammonia from the dye.

Rebekah said...

I am jealous, I was secretly thinking of dyeing eggs with you guys (Hazel mostly) this afternoon because I knew she would get into it...I don't know if I was actually going to get around to setting it up but it just felt like an egg dyeing day. Hopefully she feels better soon, looking forward to the rain check.

tania said...

ezra says, "nice job on you eggs," "we are going to do star wars ones again." "i love you."

rachel said...

they're beautiful! i get a little attatched to my eyes, too!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Hazel!!!

...and I love that she stuck around so long to admire her work! so cute! :)

stephy said...

i can smell that egg dye just looking at those. i. love. your. apron!