12/3/07

Stinkin' Spoons!

I'm sure you've all heard...the spoons worked...it started snowing on Saturday afternoon. we had advanced warning from Aunt Kathleen and our friend Rachel that it had started snowing in their neighborhoods so Hazel and I ran outside to wait. it started with a light dusting:But then it kept on coming:
And coming...and coming.
I'm pretty sure we lost the persimmons again this year....lost em last year too. one of these years I'll get to taste a fresh one.
The snow continued all night and into the next day. August didn't get to play outside because he was suffering through a soar throat and fever.
The kids are more convinced than ever that the spoons are to blame for the snow. While August and I were walking the dog today he suggested that maybe his cousins Zane and Audrey should try sleeping with 15 spoons under their beds because they live in California and it would probably take a few more spoons to get it to snow out there.
Noah and Ezra, you guys should probably steer clear of spoons in your beds...don't think you guys need any help in the snow area!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zane just ran into the kitchen and grabbed all the spoons in our (his words) "cabin."

Jennifer said...

go zane, go! we wish you well in you snowy quest.

bandwidow said...

oh! link your last years' post picture of the persimmon, it's one of my favorites!

Jennifer said...

that's funny...i was just looking at that page from last year...good idea...and...done.

tania said...

i love these pictures... and love that the spoons worked! how magical!

rachel said...

oh my goodness!

too soon they will taste the bitter reality that the spoons don't work twice; kind of like trying to reenter the wardrobe to narnia...

rachel said...

oh yeah, love the pics, too!

kustuck said...

maybe spoons will work here? i'm doubting it, and getting more jealous by the second as it's now snowing at home in kansas city as well...

Dana said...

Jen I forgot to comment on this the other day. I LOVE IT!!!!!! I just knew it would snow! It made me smile to see that it worked!

Hope you are doing well!