12/23/07

On the second day of vacation

I made One Big Mistake.

I thought it would be a great idea to sit the kids down and watch The Nativity Story. Nope. Not a great idea. I think we made it through MAYBE 10 minutes of it before August announced, rather loudly, "I don't think we should watch this mommy!" I glanced at him and saw that his eyes were welling up. At that same moment Hazel exploded. Yes, folks, she EXPLODED in tears. Loud, uncontrolled, did I say LOUD tears.
I looked at my children, then at the TV. The guards were taking a girl from her family because they couldn't pay their taxes. Right before this happened I was explaining why the guards were going into peoples houses and "hurting" the baby boys...not really a family movie at this point in my children's lives. Lesson learned: Always watch the movie before showing the kids.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. We're going to go to the grocery store to pick up a few appetizers for the evening because we're having a few friends over. We're also going to a cocktail party in the afternoon and are planning on attending the candle light service at our church. It'll be a busy day but we're really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

kustuck said...

wow (about the movie). i remember that moment in mel gibson's passion, when mary is watching them take jesus away, and he falls on the ground, and she flashes back to when he was a little boy. i just sobbed...
anyway, can we come to your cocktail party ;)? might be a drive, but i bet it would be worth it! haha.

Jennifer said...

if you find yourself in our neck of the woods...ever...you are welcome to come over for a cocktail.