12/30/07

ACK! On the eighth and ninth day of vacation

Oh Geez, time sure did get away from me yesterday. So here's the thing about staying home for Christmas vs. going back to Michigan: when we're in Michigan we have grandparents who are willing to hang out with the kids and do fun things that say, I'm a little tired of doing...Or, said grandparents will mention that they'd just been dying to take the kids to a museum for the day...and then Trey and I would get to go to Ann Arbor and walk around...doesn't happen here. Kat did take the kids on Friday, don't get me wrong...everyone involved loved it. I think that's what got me thinking about this. The kids could be entertained by other people...what a thought. They've spent a lot of time in their rooms this break, and I don't feel badly over it...they're spending time playing with new toys or reading new books. They wouldn't be doing that if we were in Michigan. We'd have packed everything up to be mailed home by now...

Yesterday Trey and I took turns at the gym again which meant that we got a bit of a late start to the day. Tank went to a Terrier only playgroup for an hour which ended up helping us toward the end of the day as these things tend to wear him out.
I signed up for the Buca di Beppo email list and was sent a coupon for a free appetizer so we ended up going there for dinner. Love me some Bapa da Deppo (wink...that's for you mom.)

Today, well, I got up early to make apple pancakes for the kids. Then we went to church where I struggled to keep my eyes open. Now Trey is taking Tank to the dog park while the kids watch a movie and I'm going to take a nap. Yep. It's vacation. We're watching many, many movies and taking naps.

1 comment:

tania said...

really nice to chat with you today :)
miss you!