12/27/07

On the sixth day of vacation


Is this getting old? Hearing about our daily activities? Well, I'm committed to it now so I'm gonna keep going:

This morning August and Francis woke up and immediately started playing DS. Hazel woke up shortly after and I fixed everyone some yummy oatmeal with toast and pears. Everyone seemed happy enough. They kept playing for a while until I mentioned starting How the Grinch Stole Christmas (with Jim Carrey). We still have a few Christmas movies we've not gotten through. I figure we've got a few days to plug through them.

A little after noon we dropped Francis off and did some running around, which included using the Christmas money some of you sent. Lucky was having their half off sale so thank you M and R, you bought me 2 pair of really rad sweat pants and a great sweater. We had to rush back to the car by 3 because Trey was doing a live performance on KEXP with a guy named Joshua Morrison. The kids cheered when his name was announced and Hazel encouraged her daddy by saying, "go daddy go!" over and over. We were able to meet up with Trey a little while later to grab some dinner before he headed out to the show tonight at the Tractor.

Which brings me to tonight. Thursday nights are our date nights and many weeks ago I noticed that there was a show I wanted to go to. Now, honestly, I don't get to many shows as it's really part of Trey's job to go to said shows, but this show happened to be on our date night! A series of events occured and what do you know? Trey's now playing drums at the same show I wanted to see. So. I'm getting ready for my night out. Wearing my new sweater and some tall boots. Feeling good.
August and Hazel are in their rooms. Hazel used a Barns and Noble card, thanks W and C, today to buy the High School Musical 2 sound track so she can learn the words to the songs. She can be heard right now catching a word or two while jumping on her bed. August also used a card thanks to W and C, to buy a Christmas movie (added that one to the must watch list) and a book. So they're enjoying their gifts right now. The babysitter should be here in a half hour at which point Hazel will bolt from her room and jump up into Audrey's arms. August will probably stay in his room until a bit later...you know, he's gotta play it cool with the ladies.

3 comments:

bandwidow said...

I for one, love the daily updates

tania said...

ditto that! keep 'em coming

sounds like a great day and night

Anonymous said...

yeah, Jen. Don't stop the updates. Even though they make me very sad that I'm not over there with you guys. Listening to J. Morrison right now on KEXP. Man... (almost weepy) I miss you guys. We need to figure out a way to spend these crazy breaks together, cuz it would be tons more fun together.
This f'ing strike sucks.