4/7/09

Hola!

If you've come expecting beautiful pictures from our trip to Nuevo Vallarta you will be very disappointed. Almost as disappointed as I was when I realized that I'd left the house at 3:30 in the morning to catch our early, early flight out of the country without my camera. This revelation came especially hard as Trey had just purchased a new lens for the camera and I was very eager to snap some beauties...
So, I give you pictures from August's spring soccer game instead:Hazel got her hair braided on the very first day in Mexico. She wanted to keep them in until her friends from school could see it...by the time I took them out...well, it wasn't pretty, I'll just leave it at that.


The trip to Mexico was so restful and full of bright blue skies and ocean breezes.
I know, there's a ton of bad news coming from that part of the world...we spoke with some folk who live in the area and they felt strongly that the news was pushing fear. They said that the violence that is taking place right now is indeed drug related and that a) it's staying within the drug community and b) it's no worse than the big cities here in the US...so...I felt better about it. We did venture off the resort for dinner one night to a little place across the street and it was delicious.
The kids swam in the pools, August and Trey went into the ocean, Hazel went to the kids club on the resort and made friends. Trey and I had a few nights out (thanks to Paul and Linda) where I re-learned my lesson on why I don't like Tequila...(never again, never again!)
Thankfully, no one got a sunburn due to our excessive reapplication of a number of sunscreens. I'm sure that if folks were watching us they'd have gotten a kick out of how many times we called the kids over to slather the lotion on them over and over again.

And now, we're home...and the weather the last few days has been so wonderful. I subbed for the PE teacher today and spent the whole day outside with the kids...today...I have a sunburn!

5 comments:

tania said...

the vacation sounds like a wonderful time! tell hazel i think her braids were super cool!

bandwidow said...

you had to come home and get a sunburn, i love it! oh-so disappointing to have left that camera and lens at home, so sorry.

melissa said...

'm just so happy to read your blog...and i think the seriousness on august's face exemplifies your feelings of forgetting your camera quite well...although i'm sure he's just really into the game! hazel looks beautiful with her braids! wishing you guys a great easter...we think of you more than you can imagine! xoxo

stephy said...

I'm so sorry about forgetting your camera, that's such a bummer! I can only imagine how awesome Mexico must have been. Hazel's braids are darling and August is such a cutie!

rachel said...

love the braids, i remember wanting to leave braids in too...and oh the ouch when you take them out! haha