4/22/09

Celebration


Whew! Whatta day!
Let's just focus on the good, shall we?

*Scott, Trey and I had a conversation this past weekend about that song, "Blinded by the Light" where the dude sings, "revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night" but it really sounds like "revved up like a DOUCHE, another runner in the night". Totally sounds like DOUCHE, every time. Scott doesn't think so...we do. So today, while driving home from the Allergy doctor, the above song comes on the radio. It's just me and Hazel in the car and I'm kinda giggling to myself thinking about the conversation when the song ends and Hazel says, "Mama? What's a douche?"

*Trey has been spending a ton of time in airplanes going to see shows, a wedding, more shows, etc...we flew home from our quick trip to California, he spent one night at home and left again for another quick trip and he's home safe tonight...after he gets home from the show in Bellingham.

*August had another great Ultimate Frisbee practice where he laughed and had a great time even though he's not the best at it.

*I was able to meet up with Ann and Rachel for Breakfast this morning. Delicious cinnamon roll for the table, yummy soy vanilla latte, eggs and potatoes...and good friends.

*LOST

6 comments:

stephy said...

That's so funny Hazel asked that! I'm guessing she didn't hear your and Scott's and Trey's conversation did she? Too funny!
D's been in planes the past 2 weekends too and I'm glad to have him home this weekend...yay.
Today I listened to an interview with Dave Bazan and Jessica Hopper and it was so good, have you heard it? It was at a recent festival thing at Calvin College (?), anyway if you haven't heard it I can send you the url.

bandwidow said...

It was so nice to just sit and chat, we should put those breakfasts on the calendar one a month!

Mike G! said...

I TOTALLY think it sounds like douche. I prefer it that way.

Jennifer said...

Nope, she didn't hear the convo...she just listened to the song and heard douche too.
...haven't heard the interview...send it my way when you get a second...

MG, I sing douche too...every time!

AK, Let's!

Scott said...

I didn't say that I didn't HEAR douche. I said that it sounded like Douche. But he was saying DEUCE, a car. Like a little deuce coupe.

tania said...

sounds like you've been such a trooper with all trey's traveling... that's not easy. i'll check out the talk when i get a chance. wish i could join you ladies on the breakfast- sounds warm and yummy- you are all sorely missed.