7/14/08

Movie Night

So last night we all went to see movies. Trey and August when to see Journey to the Center of the Earth while this stranger and I went to see Kit Kittredge.
Everyone liked the movies. August said that Journey was exciting and Hazel was full of emotions as Kit worked through the problem of the movies...I won't tell you more...wouldn't want to spoil the plot for you. It was cute.

I've been totally immersed in all things Twilight thanks to Kathleen Boden! My sister started reading the books a few months ago and was raving about it and handed each book, one by one as she finished them, down to me. Everyday I attempt to sneak peeks into the lives in the series, feeling frustrated by every minute I am pulled away. Last night I excitedly picked up the last half of the 3rd book as the kids crept off to bed and stared devouring the pages. I reluctantly followed Trey off to bed but couldn't stop reading...until a strange sound reached my ears...BIRDS?! CHIRPING?!
Why are there birds chirping in the middle of the night? I rolled over to check the time on my phone...4:45! UGH.
I finished the page I was on and turned off the light, a little reluctant to put the rest of the story on hold. Sleep should have fallen quickly on me but I tossed and turned wondering what would happen. I lay in bed and began to talk to God as is my normal routine and suddenly realized that I was praying for the characters in the book...this often happens when I'm immersed in a good story. I'm sure God got a good laugh as I prayed.

The kids both slept in until past 10:00 which is a good thing for me...I was able to finish the book over breakfast.

4 comments:

bandwidow said...

wow, sounds like some engrossing books!

Rebekah said...

I am pretty sure my sister in law Jenny did the exact same thing with the exact same series...she heard the birds chirping and realized she had stayed up all night reading..is it about Vampires? Sounds like it must be incredible!

Jennifer said...

yup, one of the main characters is a vampire...it's a great story...you should pick it up.

bandwidow said...

so i just tried to put a copy on hold at the library for our upcoming camping trip...i'm number 403 on the wait list. ha-ha! i'll let you know when i get my hands on a copy...for next years trip!!!