1/28/09

Portland

The kids had another long weekend so we took the short drive to Portland for the night. I love handing the camera over to see what they see when we walk around new cities.
We started the day at Stumptown where we had warm drinks and good treats.

Then we walked down to Powell's and saw many interesting sights along the way:

Hazel headed right for her "just right books" and picked 3 to read to me...I love Dr. Seuss and the confidence his books have given my daughter.

Trey was happy to introduce us to VooDoo Doughnuts...he and the kids thought they were great...I thought they were sick.

7 comments:

kustuck said...

hard to see the donut in there, isn't it? i think i might pick the one with all of the cereal stuck to it.

tania said...

wow the kids did a great job with the camera! looks like a fun family weekend away. portland's such a neat city.

melissa said...

i might be on the sick side of donuts cuz they look gooooood.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, those donuts are incredible. I'm sorry that your whole blog has been usurped by a baked good, but they're the bomb!

Jennifer said...

wait..have you had them Mike?
they were covered with frosting and cereal...or frosting and oreo cookies and peanutbutter...or frosting and blue sugar and pink sugar...they were not ok!!!

bandwidow said...

yes, aside from the doughnuts your post was just what i needed to get into the portland mood for our trip down there this weekend! elephants, doug fir, stumptowm, j&m here we come!

Anonymous said...

I was loving the donuts - want one bad, but Zane just sat down next to me and farted. Now the smell of Z-fart is blending with the donuts and I don't have as much desire for the voodoo.

PS. Zane says: THANKS SO MUCH FOR LITTLE BIG PLANET!!!