2/4/09

Lunch Envy


August: Hey mom, I was wondering...well...a lot of the kids in my class...well the kids I sit with at lunch...they bring stuff like, you know, big blocks of caramel or candy bars or potato chips...I was wondering if you could pack something SWEET or at least something that TASTES GOOD sometime when you pack my lunch.

Me: Rant, rant, rant about cavities and healthy food and dentist bills and holes in teeth and brushing your teeth with sugarpaste instead of toothpaste....

August: Eyes glossing over...tuning out...laughing at the idea of sugarpaste...


Note: I send him to school with a lunch meat sandwich, a piece of fruit, a granola bar and corn chips. It's not like I'm packing broccoli and spinach for pete's sake....

9 comments:

bandwidow said...

:)

Rebekah said...

I think I am in for it too in a few years, at the park today I saw Levi throw a handful of peas into the bushes..sugarpaste, ha ha, your awesome Jen! :)

tania said...

ha!

just look at that handsome boy.

jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jodi said...

that's too funny, August and the bad lunch.

Today, i gave the kiddos two potato chips each b/c I was sick of them begging. They sounded like seagulls. Chip-chip-chip-chip.

oh-kids...if they only knew, then maybe I'd quit buying that crap. bad mom, jodi

rachel said...

that little mind of his, he comes up with great stuff:
"something that tastes good"

hahahaha! i love it!

Anonymous said...

You should give him what we grew up with at lunch: brauschweiger (Liverwurst). Smear that sucker on some bread with some mayonaise. Nothing like a tube of meat to make you appreciate a lunch.

tapmike said...

Don't you just love Motherhood.

Being cruel to our grandchildren you meany.

Wait til he gets older and you can share this story with him.

Love you guys,

michael

spec ops said...

my biggest fear with thing 1 going to 1st grade next year is lunchtime. the kid is a horrible and slow eater. i am not looking forward to packing those lunches!