1/25/09

She's Crafty

OK...who wants to knit this sweater for me?owls
I know, I know...I can knit...why wouldn't I knit it for myself? Well, there are number of very strange things about me that maybe you should know...I have a hard time eating the food I make...I will eat it, but it just does not taste as good when I'm the one who makes it. I also do not like anything I create for myself. I have knitted sweaters for myself and have promptly unraveled them without a thought. I love knitting things for Hazel or for friends who have little ones on the way...but I KNOW that if I set out to knit this sweater I would end up HATING it.
So, come on...I know there's someone out there who's just dying to knit me a sweater with OWLS(!!) on the neck line. Holy owl, I love it.
I'll buy all the yarn and buttons and I'll even give you my measurements...all you'd have to do is whip it up!
Any takers???

8 comments:

bandwidow said...

you know i love you but...i think i've enough on my plate knitting wise for a while...once i've pumped out a few things for our little guy, christmas stocking for your children, then we can talk!

bandwidow said...

p.s eileen gave me a baby boy version of your sweater she found in a thrift store (you can imagine how tiny the eye buttons are). it's going to be his coming home sweater!

tania said...

i just saw this online the other day! my grandmother made noah a sweater vest like this like 7 years ago.

i would love to say i'd make it, but i don't have the talent, time or patience... even though i love you, my friend!

there is an r2d2 knit cap out there that i was going to do a similar post on for ezra. he's dying for me to make it but i am not sure that i'd figure it out in time for him to wear it this winter. have you seen that one?

Anonymous said...

This looks like a job for Grandma Reynolds!!! Hoot.

Anonymous said...

I've already started it.

Jennifer said...

now see, knew Mike would jam on it...ja, ja, ja, jam on it!

Jennifer said...

Scott, nope, grandma mid is mad at us...she thinks we all ignored her over christmas and made her a social outcast while at grandma dixon's house...

melissa said...

how 'bout i knit it for you and you knit it for me! hee! i quite seriously would say yes if you have a nice long time line. i have this back up of unfinished stuff that i'm working my way through, but would love to do it...are you ok to wait for christmas? (ok, maybe earlier than that, but you know what i mean!)