1/27/09

On Death and Dying

It would be so self centered to say, "OK, come on...let's be done with all this death and dying...I'm all set for a long time!" It's self centered because I'm only thinking of me and how these recent events have effected...well...ME!
It started on January 3rd with John's death. It threw me for a loop. It's hard to imagine a life without the possibility of John. It's nuts.
This past weekend Trey was told that one of the members of a band he works with died.
Then, today at the kid's school we learned that one of August's friends lost his mom in her sleep.
This is crazy. THIS IS CRAZY.
How will all these families recover from these events. How will August's friend ever be the same? This is crushing. How will they face each day without their son, mother, wife, friend?
I'm done with it all. DONE!