11/11/07

Question of the Week

On the corner of Holman Road and Greenwood in Seattle there is a little Pho restaurant. I have probably driven past this establishment thousands of times without noticing it because until recently, I've never ventured into a Pho restaurant.
When my folks came to town for Kat's wedding we were all interested in a warm and cheap place to dine so Kat suggested Pho in Ballard. I was a bit worried because well, the folks are from northern Michigan and well, there just aren't that many Vietnamese places out there...and to be honest, I was worried for myself...I'd never had Pho...what if I hated it? Turns out- it's quite good. So good in fact, I've gone back with Trey on our date night.
Anyway, you know how once you've been somewhere you maybe notice it more? Or like when you get a VW bug and you think you've gotten the right color because you never really saw them in this cool dark, metallic gray but then you see them every stinking time you leave your house? Well, the same is true with Pho. I see them all over town. It's kind of like Starbucks...there's one on every corner.
So back to the corner of Holman Road and Greenwood.
The restaurant is called "UN-PHO-GETTABLE"
Which leads me to this question:
Now that I've put Pho on your mind, will you notice them more? And if you do...will you respond and tell me the names of said Pho establishments? If you can get a picture of the name that'd be even better. I just may have to go back to that corner and snap one for the blog.

9 comments:

tania said...

and isn't there one out there called, "what the pho?'"!

Jennifer said...

hmmmm, i'll have to look into that...

any Pho places out there?

tania said...

not that i know of... too bad, they are yummy... lots of chinese food, though (yummy, too, but we get msg headaches from them)

tania said...

oh, and, "what the pho?" is in bellevue :)

stephy said...

In San Mateo I saw "Pho Q"

bandwidow said...

I see them all over as well, never tried it, but sounds like another cure for warm food on a cold night!

Jenny said...

There's one called Pho King..but I don't think that's approriate!

Yuri said...

check out this one

Jennifer said...

Pho King!
ha!