11/25/07

Great Pyrenees Gus

Look at the size of this dog!  The breed is called the Great Pyrenees and his name is Gus.  Gus is the Many's second dog of this breed.  Their last one lived a good long life and was a great protector so when he died Wick and Chee Chee went to the pound and informed them that IF another one HAPPENS to walk through their doors they would be interested...guess what?  
They got Gus.  He's 3 and is just the sweetest dog ever!  On the evening of our arrival Gus wagged his tail and followed us around and finally just plopped down and fell asleep on the floor.  
The next morning I took Hazel out back to look at the shrinking lake and was followed by Gus and their other dog Tassa.  I was shocked when the two very mellow dogs immediately started jumping and running and playing around...
Then you add Wick into the mix and things got crazy.  Gus can JUMP!  He was leaping and bounding all over that back yard!  I was shocked to see such a huge beast bouncing around with ease.  
We're overwhelmed with our little Tank at home.  
Our hope is that once he's out of this puppy stage he'll be a great dog. 
But when Tank dies (in 15 years!!!) I'm sure we'll start looking for a Great Pyrenees.  They truly are amazing dogs.

6 comments:

stephy said...

Those pictures almost make me want a dog (esp. Tank with the dolly) but then I saw the play-doh poop (?) picture. Thanks for snapping me back to reality.

tania said...

love the pix of tank with the doll! looks like a nice trip... that is a great picture of the many men!

Anonymous said...

uhhh.... is that last picture poo? Cuz if it is, it's the fanciest poo I've ever laid my eyes on.

Jennifer said...

it's totally poop people! he ate a box of crayons and pooped this!

bandwidow said...

oh
.
.
.
.
.
my
.
.
.
.
.
gosh

kustuck said...

i showed it to isaiah. he thought it was very cool. haha.