7/6/07

Ode to Amy


The hardest part of visiting with Scott and Amy is not the first day there…it is not even the day I come home. The hardest part is always, always the third day home. By the third day I start thinking about funny events I could share with Amy. I remember songs…that song…that high pitched wooing…sleepless...that song that I bought off stinking iTunes today. I start thinking about how Amy will laugh that infectious laugh of hers when she hears that I spent money on that song.
I begin wishing that instead of sitting on my couch alone watching bad TV that I was maybe sitting on the couch that she designed watching bad TV with her…listening to her scoff at the judges decisions…Dancing With the Stars was never as good as it was when I watched it with her. Watching TV together knowing that one of our lovely daughters will eventually emerge from their beds requesting a kiss or a drink or an announcement that they've peed on the ground rather than the toilet...you know, the usual. Just having that other body there to experience the frustration of motherhood throughout the day makes it so much better.
Oh how I wish we lived closer...an not in a place where the temps reach 101!

UPDATE:
DEAR AMY HAS INFORMED ME THAT IT IS NOT "DANCING WITH THE STARS". THE SHOW IS ACTUALLY CALLED "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE". AND YES, I WATCHED IT LAST NIGHT!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo-hoo-hoo-hooOO...

We miss all y'all tons too. Our couch is always open for more bad reality TV. Can't wait to visit up there too.

palomarace said...

nice picture Jen - nice picture!

You certainly have me pegged. I laughed right out loud for quite some time when I read that you not only got "THAT" song, but paid your hard earned dolla dolla bills. HA! I even had a little chuckle later in the day because of it.

I LOVED living life with you too, even if it was only for a few days.
We'll figure out this getting closer to each other thing even if it's just for parts of the year anyway huh?

and btw you got the wrong trash tv show (it is "So you think you can dance") ...she says in a whisper. Just wanted to make sure you don't tivo the wrong show.

Just looking out for jen, just looking out for ya....

I love ya tons and tons Jen!!!

Jennifer said...

DUDE! you're so right...i put the wrong show!!!!
i just checked my DVR and THANKFULLY i entered the correct title, whew! i'd hate to record the wrong one...

kustuck said...

you know, both of you sound pretty much fun and amazing. and it seems like the bay area is right smack-dab in the middle, no? ;)

Bloomin' said...

I'm sad all the way over here in MI without the ability to share a couch with you guys or laugh infectious laughs or download crappy songs with my dollar.

Jennifer said...

that could be fixed you know!
kat is getting married on Oct. 19th...wanna come? you've got a place to stay if you do!!!
the Reynolds will be here too...could be a 24 hour par-tay!