7/29/07

DIY

I decided it was time to turn into a little bit of Amy and a little bit of Ann today so I took on a diy project and....drum roll please...I re-caulked the bathtub!!
So let me say this: taking the old caulk off= pretty OK, almost even fun. I listened to This American Life on my iPod while i worked. It was the one about dream homes. It started out with a gal who now lives in Chicago with the Jesus People...they didn't go too much into it but it was interesting none the less.
moving on...
Putting the caulk on= painful, horrible, no good, very bad time. Holy crap. Not okay. It looks great but it was not easy for pity sake! I don't know if the hole was too small or the caulk was too thick or the caulk gun was bad but wow, it took all my might to squeeze that crap out! Pretty sure I'm going to have some wicked bruises on my hands tomorrow.
But ladies and gents, I did a project all by myself...and I'll never do it again!
On other home improvement issues, we're getting the house painted by College Pro painters. I'll post pictures when they're done.

I feel like I've had lot's to post about but absolutely no time to actually sit down and post any of it. I don't think we'll have a rainy day this week so I won't be able to sit the kids in front of the TV while I blog but on a good note, the kids and I (and the dog) are having a good summer full of sun, parks, friends, outdoor movies, beaches, family and late nights.

More on all that when I get some good old fashioned alone time.

8 comments:

melissa said...

i was sitting here thinking, "i need a pick me up" and clicked on over to your blog and got it! first of all: congrats on the diy! and hooray for professionals we can call instead! secondly...your summer sounds heavenly! but i gotta say...the holy crap link...loved it!

palomarace said...

WOW! Jen! I am impressed! I don't know if I would have tackled that. You're amazing! Congrats on your DUI, uh... I mean DIY.

Jennifer said...

Melissa, thank you for noticing the links...fun stuff and you're welcome for the pick me up...glad i could help.
Amy, haven't tackled DUI just yet...

bandwidow said...

WE are connected in ways that I don't understand...I just got out the caulk to do our shower stall...I however don't have any tips on the DUI, but my sister could give you some with MIP's.

tania said...

oh, jen! you crack me up. lovin' the links. good job on the caulking ;)

can't wait to see the new house paint color soon!

stephy said...

That was so funny. I also will never caulk again. when we were apartment managers we caulked some tubs and the owner said "that looks like a 3 year old did that." How much does Hazel look like her dad in the "all done up and frowning" pic? xo

Jennifer said...

steph, you think so...well, i guess trey does frown pretty often...is that a trophy cupcake in you picture?

stephy said...

it's not the frown, it's just the angle...her face shape and brow. :) yeah, that's a trophy cupcake. i frost cakes like i spackle so you know i didn't make it!