7/12/07

Hot Town, Summer in the City

We're still trying to get into some sort of schedule for the summer. It would be so easy to let this time slip through our hands with lazy summer afternoons!
Thus far we've gone to Cali to visit family (see previous Ode):Had a family reunion of sorts:

Swam with our good friend Jonah:

Played PLENTY of DS!:

Enjoyed a can of BUZZ COLA (thanks to Auntie Kathie):

Yesterday we escaped the 97 degrees by making our way to Bellevue where we sat in a gloriously air conditioned theater to watch the Nancy Drew movie. It was cute. I don't remember reading the books when I was young so I'm not a die hard fan but I thought the story was engaging for the kids and I didn't mind it either.
After the movie we had some pizza in another gloriously air conditioned place then we hit the mall to look for a dress for our friends wedding. I was happily surprised at Banana Republic where I found a very cute dress AND 2, yes 2 pairs of shoes. Why 2? Well, let me just tell you: the shoes were 50% off AND another 40 % off!! I SAVED money by buying them! 2 pair for $60.00!!! That's better than PayLess!!!!! How could I not buy them both?!
So that was a good day!

Today we met with Auntie Kathie to pick out some invitations for her reception. Weddings are in the air and I have to admit, it's quite fun.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

that all sounds lovely... especially the 2 pairs of shoes :)

Jennifer said...

Dude! They are even cheaper in the store than they are on line!!!!
go...shop....buy!

bandwidow said...

Looks like a nice pool day, congrats to kathie!

Jennifer said...

oh yes, the pool is very nice. we're all very excited for Kat...

Anonymous said...

it aint' hot in LA. 82 degrees and breezy. 68 degrees at night. LA calls... LA calls...

Jennifer said...

i hear it...trust me...i hear it...

palomarace said...

So Jen c'mon where is your weekly "So you think you can dance" commentary?

I full on expected a lengthy post about your favorite dancers today.

(You so voted didn't you?)

Jennifer said...

i'll never tell...but i wasn't too surprised to see the couple who went...and DUDE! the female judge is almost enough to mute the TV!!!

palomarace said...

yeah right?... And what about the arrogant comment from the hairspray judge which then led to the banter between he and Nigel? CA-RAZY!

Bloomin' said...

Pleeeease tell me you don't shop for yourself at Payless?

Jennifer said...

With prices like the ones I found at Banana Republic I don't HAVE to shop at Payless!!

kustuck said...

i love the look on hazel's face with the buzz cola! zing! :)