3/6/07

my girl hazel


Hazel is obsessed with the new Rosie Thomas record. she listens to it when she's going to bed and starts it over when she wakes up.
we spent some time over the weekend organizing her room and there was Rosie singing in the background with Hazel humming right along. it was a very strange experience for me. my little girl is developing taste in music, she's singing along to her favorite songs...she's going into kindergarten. it's all so strange to watch her grow up.
we take turns picking out the clothes she will wear. today was her day. she will be leaving the house wearing jeans with roses embroidered on the pockets, pink shoes and socks and a black shirt with the word "love" across the chest. she loves these clothes. she feels like a grown-up in them.
i'm not ready for her to feel like a grown-up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audrey's been sing Ramones songs (which I think is the brother's influence (which I think is the Dad's influence)). yesterday at breakfast, she was bouncing around singing, "mamamama-Mama's Boy!" Can't wait to see you guys!

Bloomin' said...

She picked a pretty good CD to listen to. I'm getting to like it more and more each day!