1/23/07

Thank You Ladies

i have many ladies to thank for tonight's dinner.
Ann and Tania gave me the America's Test Kitchen cookbook as a gift. i've made the stove top beef stew from it and am now trying the slow cooker version in my new slow cooker...which brings me to the next lady to thank. Linda, Trey's mom gave me a slow cooker for Christmas. this will be my very first attempt at slow cooking. the kitchen smells wonderful.
moving on, i need to thank Rebecca- my other mother-in-law- for the yummy new brownie recipe. she uses a box mix but puts half the dough down and places two of those giant chocolate bars on the first layer, then covering them with the rest of the dough. oh. so. good.
my first attempt was not so good, i'm trying again. i will not be detoured from this delicious treat.
you'll notice the oven mitt...thank you Erika. last month i hosted a hot pad/tea towel gift exchange. it was loads of fun. everyone brought a gift and a dish for dinner. i'm hosting the second one this weekend. this time we're exchanging socks. who doesn't enjoy a nice pair of socks?
back to the thank you's...
thanks gals. i have good friends and a good family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The brownies sound awesome! My friend Mandy does a similar thing with junior mints and they are so good...I used my slow cooker last night and I should give you my fail proof slow cooker pot roast it is one of Chris' favorites and so easy! I hope Hazel is feeling better and that picture of August is so priceless I just love his proud smile and I can see so much of Trey in his face he is just adorable (as is Hazel)...have fun this weekend it sounds like a fun idea!

Jennifer said...

i'd love your pot roast...always looking for new thing to force the kids to eat...you should have seen them last night at dinner...ugh.
i'll bribe them with the brownies tonight.