1/6/07

The Notebook

I never saw the movie...I've moved past the need to see super sad movies just to make myself cry.
But.
While we were visiting in Michigan Trey's mom gave me some books to read during all that down time. One of the books was The Notebook. I reluctantly picked it up. It's a super quick read and once I started I had a hard time stopping. The first half was good. Not too emotional which is great considering I was reading at the in-laws.
I just finished it. For the last hour I've been sobbing
in the living room. The kids kept asking if I was alright, Trey kept asking if it was too sad to read. I couldn't stop reading it and I couldn't stop crying over it.
I'll never rent the movie. There's NO way it could be as good as the book.
Have any of you read the book or seen the movie?
It makes me want to start writing letters to Trey and the kids.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the book a few years ago and it is totally one of my favorites! I actually really enjoyed the movie as well for what it is worth but the book was better for sure...I miss seeing you and am sorry this was a hard start to your year. I look forward to catching up with you and seeing you around BCC...you should just rent the movie it's really romantic!

Jennifer said...

We miss you guys too. I think we're planning on going to church this morning...maybe we'll see you there.
I'll have to wait until I'm in a better space to rent the movie I think...I've enough reasons to be sappy right now...

kustuck said...

seems like sometimes we need that outlet--a movie or book that gives us a less immediate "reason" to let it all out...a way of dealing with the hurt of another situation, without actually situation itself. glad you had the opportunity, as cheesy as that sounds...

Eliza said...

Hi, there. I found my way to your blog on this Sunday evening, after seeing your post on Kristen's blog. I had to comment on the Notebook--I saw the movie first & then read the book. I think it often happens that you tend to like whichever medium you experienced it in first & so, I love the movie & thought the book was ok. You should definitely find a quiet evening sometime to watch this movie--though you may not think it as good as the book, it would still be worth the rental.
Seeing as you are friends with both Kristen & Rebekah, perhaps I should host a girls' nite & we can all watch it together! :)
Have a great week!