12/1/06

Owls

i've mentioned before that i'm learning to sew. well i spent the better part of last night working on this:

now, before you get all excited and think that i've mastered the art of sewing let me just tell you this...
i used 2, yes 2 patterns to come up with this dress. here are the inspirations:


i went to a trunk show a few weekends ago and found this gals work and just fell in love with it. i had to special order a dress for hazel. it came in the mail a few days ago and as i was looking at it i thought that maybe i could pull it off...
well i did. but. i'll leave the dresses to the professionals. it was not super easy. but it does fit hazel.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What adorable dresses! I love the fabric.

My mother made me a diaper bag when I was in Michigan a few weks ago- I helped a little. She's putting the finishing touches on it- I will have to post a pic of it.

Jennifer said...

thanks, i'm pretty excited about it...start working on a girl and i'll send you a dress with a snow mountain on it...

Jenny said...

Hi Jenn,

I'm Jenny...Rebekah introduced us at church on Sunday. I'm her future sister-in-law ;) I'm very impressed with these reversible dresses..I love the fabric. I've used both of the patterned ones this year myself.

It was nice to meet you. Good luck with crafting and blogging!

Jennifer said...

thanks Jenny...
it was nice to meet you too...congratulations on the future husband.