3/29/13

Vacation

Wow, thanks for all the texts, emails, comments and good thoughts.
I was searching the web this afternoon and found an article on Brook Burke, the gal who hosts Dancing with the Stars...she has just recently gone through what I'm going through right now. The major difference is that she had 10 biopsies...10!  Ugh. I was in a state of panic at the thought of having a second one!
I have an appointment with the surgeon on Monday morning. It's perfect timing really.  We're on a short family vacation with some of Trey's family and it's making the time fly by.  We're all in Utah.  I thought it'd be so cold and ended up packing several coats and base layers...only to arrive to sun, sun, sun!  Hazel went skiing on Snowbird today and was out there with her snow pants and a vest...and said she was still too hot! August and Trey have been having the time of their lives up on the mountain. You'll have to check Trey's facebook page to see some pretty amazing mountain shots. I've posted some pictures of the house and the view, they are on my facebook page as well as instagram...you should try to find them...this place is pretty epic.
I've been at the house hanging with family and doing last minute Easter shopping.
Tomorrow Trey and I are going to the spa. I've already been there once with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law but insisted that Trey head back after all that skiing. He's getting a massage and I'm getting a pedicure. It's a beautiful spot...you can watch the skiers while you get your toes done.
So...it's all been a good distraction.  I'll post more after the meeting with the surgeon. I'm assuming we'll talk about the operation and hopefully set a time to get this thing over with.  I just want it all behind me.


1 comment:

laura said...

I'll be praying and thinking about you on Monday.