4/1/13

and the surgeon says....

Honestly- it's all a blur...Trey can fill folks in if you need more information, but this is what I think happened at the meeting this morning:
So it's probably not cancer. But the only real way to know this is to remove the nodule. The endocrinologist said there was a 20% chance of it being cancer, the surgeon says it's probably more like 10%.
They can remove half the thyroid and I won't have to do any medication.
The surgery will take a few hours, I'd go home on the same day.
Recovery will take about a week to two weeks. There will be a scar. It will hurt afterwards. There will be pain pills to take for the recovery. I should not drive for that week. I should not move my neck...if I do it will hurt.
Oh, and I  now have to wait for the person who schedules these appointments to call me so we can get on the books. One more thing- she thinks it will probably be in JUNE!

I know myself pretty well. I need to get my head together over this. It will probably take 3 days to adjust to this plan. Once the 3 days are over I will probably stop thinking about it until the week of the procedure. I will be a mess that week. But I will be fine until then.


1 comment:

laura said...

I'll be waiting on your updates. Still prayin' for you darlin!
--->LD