3/16/10

Birds

The play is over!
Let me just say that again, the play...is over!
It was great working with Heather, I think this year was easier than last year and my hope is that next year will be even better. I'm looking forward to having lunch with Heather so we can talk through things we'd change and keep the same for next year.

I worked today and one 4th grade girl came up to me and said, "My days are so empty now that the play is over." I had to laugh a little because she sounded so down about that...I, on the other hand, am ecstatic!

Yesterday I walked the kids to school with the dogs. There was nothing on my schedule until pickup so we walked down to Green Lake and walked around it, then went to the off leash area for a while. By the time we got home it was almost noon. I did have to go into the school because even though the play is over there is still plenty of paperwork to wrap up. I should be finished with everything by the end of the week.

While the dogs and I were at Green Lake we saw a bald eagle. I've seen a few here and there but they are usually soaring. This one was just perched on a big ole tree.
I know it doesn't look like much through the lens of my phone but it really was quite something.

The other night I purchased an application called Hipstamatic for my phone. I think the pictures turn out pretty cool. Here are a few from the dog park:
I think that first one kinda looks like a ghost dog. And the green one looks like something out of Neverland (from Peter Pan, not Micheal Jackson...)

3 comments:

tania said...

Congratulations on all your hard work on the play! From the video clips I saw, it really looked fantastic! Enjoy some down time- you deserve it :) Hope we can catch up soon.

bandwidow said...

I was at the lake too yesterday and saw the eagle up in that tree, pretty great! that ghost-dag shot is super!

Jennifer said...

Are you kidding me? We must have just missed each other AK!