10/6/09

Schedule

It always takes me a while to adjust to a new schedule...and this school year is just proving that point.
I'm noticing that as the kids get older, they get busier. August is helping the school out 3x a week by doing crossing guard action which means that he needs to be there before 9:00 on those days. Both kids are involved with the choir that takes place the other 2 mornings so they have to be there by 8:50 on those days. And that's just the before school activities!
Between School of Rock and soccer after school I have a hard time keeping my days straight. I've been happy with the cool breeze that's been creeping across Seattle these days because it means that I can prepare stew and chili in the middle of the day. Coming home to a hot meal at the end of a day full of running from this end of town to the next has been very nice.
I do spend too many hours trying to find the easiest dinners for Tuesday nights though. We don't get home until after 7:00pm on these nights. Tonight? We're having bean and cheese burritos, Hazel's favorite. Quick and easy.
But because it's a semi-hot meal I decided to make a dessert while the kids are in school. I look at this gal's website pretty regularly and have tried a few of her recipes...but I couldn't pass this one up: YUM!

I'll let you know how they turn out...but right now? My house smells like warm peanut butter and chocolate!

6 comments:

tania said...

those look amazing! oh, i just love dessert :)

as for dinner, i am pretty much doing the same- try cooking early in the day so that the afternoon/evening is a bit less hectic! i am also trying to double recipes whenever possible so that one can be frozen for a future dinner.

keep us posted on what you are making- i am always looking for inspiration ;)

rachel said...

busy? yes, yes! personally, i like stretching one cooked meal into a re-heated meal for a few days. until francis attempts in an overly polite voice "mama, can we PLEASE not have chili, again?" (after 3 days in a row!) hahaha

but i sure would enjoy the smell of brownies in my kitchen right about now... :)

bandwidow said...

Those look so good. I'm so glad to be part of your busy schedule!

Amy said...

Ummm.... Those look a-mazing!!!!
I think I may have to power up the oven and try out all that yumminess!!

Jennifer said...

I made them with creamy peanut butter but I think they'd be better with chunky...and the next time I think I'll use mini chocolate chips...that way there'd be a bit of chocolate in every bite.

stephy said...

The schedule can get so crazy with only two kids! Bean & cheese burritos are a great idea, those are Lolly's favorite too. I am trying those brownies, they look amazing.