10/13/09

Fall


The weather has turned. We're now dressing in layers and wearing mittens on our walks to and from school. The dogs seek out the warmest place in the house and are very sad about not being able to sit on our couch to cuddle in the evening.
I'm not a fan of cold weather, and believe me, Seattle doesn't really get cold, not when you compare it to Michigan cold! The weather isn't my favorite but what comes with it is...lighting candles in the evening, hot dinners, blankets wrapped around our cold bodies while we read to each other.
Tonight we're having pot roast. The house smells warm and delicious. Tuesday is one of those busy days I've mentioned, but pot roast is perfect for a day like this. I prepared it at lunch and it will simmer in the oven while I pick the kids up and shuffle them to August's guitar practice and then over to soccer. Trey's going to pick August up from soccer so I'll be able to get back here and get the table set and pull the roast out before the boys get home.


5 comments:

tania said...

enjoy your warm and lovely evening together xo

bandwidow said...

wow! yum!

School of Prophets said...

Jen - I love reading your blog. It's a nice slice of life. It sounds like you are really enjoying where you are right now. I wonder how my family would read as a blog...it makes me shake my head and smile. So I saw your pot roast and your crazy sched. it sounds familiar. I have been collecting slow cooker recipes. I've cooked two. One was a winner and one I didn't care for, but Drew liked. I can share if you're in need of new ideas. - Take care

rachel said...

oh jen, how do you do it? pot roast? i have no idea. your house looks so cozy and inviting...what lovely memories you're making for your family...

Jennifer said...

Hi Heather! Start a blog already!!

Rachel, get yourself a dutch oven and/or a slow cooker...it's the only way I can have a hot meal on the table after all the practices, subbing and lessons...real life savers!