6/16/09

End of the Year


Well folks,
It's finally the end of this school year. It's been a tough one for August and a fun one for Hazel. We have no idea what the next school year holds as we're still thinking about changing schools. These decisions are not fun for us to make. Every change has a huge effect in all of our lives. If we keep the kids at their current school we may have to go through another difficult year for August because of the limited classroom choices available. Hazel, on the other hand, will have another fine year as the 2nd grade team is wonderful.
But moving them to a new school in a different town would have it's good and bad. The school is supposed to be good according to other parents who've sent their kids. It could be the school that the kids continue through high school...which could be pretty cool. But I'd have to drive them everyday, which is a huge change from being able to walk down the street everyday. We'd miss the community of living so close to school, that's for sure.
Ack! I could go on and on....
But I won't. Instead I'll focus on the fun facts of summer:
We get to go see the LA Reynolds for almost a week in July.
The kids are going to do a week long camp with their PE teacher.
August is going to do a 4 day workout camp at our gym.
Hazel is going to go to New York with Trey for a few days.
August is going to do a School of Rock summer camp that will end in a big concert.
Most of the LA Reynolds are coming to Seattle for a week at the end of the summer.

I've been spending this last week of school doing quiet things. Things just for myself as I know that once school is out I'll be busy taking care of the kids and dogs all day. It's been pretty nice. I've started to attempt to run a bit here and there...doing that walk 5 minutes, jog 2 minutes for a half hour with hopes that eventually I'll be able to jog for the full 30 minutes. This would be a big deal for me as running has never been something I could do.
I also netflixed the first season on True Blood and began watching season 2 currently on HBO. I'm really surprised that more people aren't upset at how similar it is to Twilight. The book series that True Blood is based on is called the Southern Vampire Mysteries and it came out a good 5 years before the Twilight series and I understand that when it comes to vampires there is really little more that can be invented but really, it seems like the Twilight gal pulled way too much from the Southern Vampire Mysteries written by Charlaine Harris. But, let's face it, they are both very addictive and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you'll find me at the Edmonds Beach reading SVM this summer! But first I've got to finish the latest Fablehaven book that August and I are reading together.

2 comments:

rachel said...

re: SVM. that's interesting you say that because i saw an interview on tv (while on the treadmill) with the guy who plays the main vampire and he was talking about how the books came out first, but the twilight movie beat them to the punch and people think they copied twilight.

looks like you've got a fun filled packed summer! we'll look you up for beach days when we get back in july!

tania said...

keep us posted about the school decision... that's a tough one, i bet.