6/2/09

4th Grade Camp

Oh brother! August is ending his 4th grade experience which means that it's time for the class trip. My lovely son requested that I go along with him as a chaperon...yes, I am a certified teacher, but I really, really don't like field trips...and this field trip lasts 3 long days. 3 days people! Well be driving down the coast to Longview, then Astoria, OR to Fort Clatsop, OR and on to Illwaco, WA/Cape Disappointment State Park. We'll be staying one night in a hotel and the other joyful night will be in a Yurt. If you're anything like me, you'll have no idea what a Yurt is...here's a description from the Oregon Parks and Rec website: It´s round (16´ in diameter), filled with comfy furniture, and pointy on top. Yurts … a quickly-growing national phenomenon that broke in to the public camping scene right here in Oregon. The good thing is that there will be beds to sleep on...so it should all be OK.
I'm going to bring my camera and hope to catch some good shots of the boy doing some fun outdoorsy type activities...and maybe a shot of the Yurt too.
I'll be out of touch till Saturday! Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

bandwidow said...

You did great camping with us, it'll be a piece of cake...

tania said...

oh, wow! that's a big trip! i bet august is so excited you are going to experience this with him :)