10/6/08

Seasonal Thoughts

***I think Mike G took this picture last year at Alki Beach***


I tend to get a bit melancholy as the temps change from warm and dry to wet and, well, not warm. I would be exaggerating if I said it got cold here...yesterday it was windy and 65, today it will be rainy and 60...not too bad. But I really did love this summer. I know, we had some cold days, but they were bumpered with very warm days...and I kinda like that.
So I'm thinking about why I get down around this time of year and I realize that I have absolutely NO reason. Here's what the change in weather brings the Many Family:

Trey's birthday, October 16.
Halloween (and my brother's birthday), October 31.
Hazel's birthday, November 17.
Thanksgiving, November 27.
August's birthday, December 4.
Christmas travel dates, December 19- January 3.
My Dad's birthday, Christmas Eve.

That's a lot to plan for folks! I have nothing to be down about. There are a million things to do and yet I'm sitting on my couch with a scarf wrapped around my neck. Trey's birthday is right around the corner...and what are we going to do for Hazel's birthday this year? She is still flip-flopping between a gymnastics party and a nail polish party...decisions, decisions!

2 comments:

bandwidow said...

i feel ya. c'mon over and we can sit on the couch, drink wassail...we can set up a card making night too...

Bloomin' said...

Why, yes, that *is* indeed a photo I took. I was sitting in the back of someone's van (was it yours?) and snapping photos of the bleak grayness of the day. I'd forgotten all about it.