10/29/08

Happy Halloween from My Girl



Hazel can be found, almost daily, working on some form of art. Don't you just love the cute animals with the blood and the stitches? These are some of my favorite works of art by my girl.
She has just started sounding out words without asking for help. I just can't get enough of these examples of her work.
August is quick to tell her when the words aren't spelled just right and I have to pull him aside and gently remind him that he still spells words wrong and that I still spell words wrong and that it isn't his job to correct her right now. I want her to feel confident in her ability to read and write and with August zipping through books like A Wrinkle in Time and the Harry Potter series it can be daunting to her as she struggles through her easy readers.

5 comments:

bandwidow said...

Love it! Happy Halloween Hazel!

Jen I love that shot of her, nice layout.

rachel said...

hazel's drawings are sooo clever! really creative! i just love that girl's brain....

Jennifer said...

Aren't they so cute? I'm thinking of embroidering them on something for next Halloween...we'll see.

palomarace said...

Hey Hazel,

This is Audrey. Thanks for drawing them. They are really scary. You should be them for Halloween. They are amazing and scary. Thank you!

Now it's UncaSkot
Holy cow, Hazel, I LOVE those drawings. I especially love Buny Frackinstin. I want to make that movie! You should write a book about her/him.

tania said...

so creative, hazel! and august reading a wrinkle in time! holy cow! smart kiddos :)