4/28/08

Pictures

We spent some time at the dog park this weekend. August and Hazel do such a great job at making the most of what we're doing. Hazel can be found collecting sticks and writing words on the table in the small dog area. She also loves to walk up to the dog owners and chat with them about how cute their dog is...**this is supposed to say RAT, but it looks a bit like CAT. Hazel called me over to look at what she'd done by saying, "you're gonna be sooooo scarred by this!"

Every time we go to this park the kids run to this hill and start digging. I'm always on them about how gross I think it is because, well, we're at a dog park where dogs pee and poop on the same hill they are digging in. When I announced that we were going to the park they both ran for their gardening gloves so that they can dig without risk.

Of course Hazel has to lay on the ground to do the digging. It's always amazed me how different these kids are from each other. August, when he was a baby did not want his legs or arms to touch grass or sand. He'd try to balance himself on his bum while keeping his legs off the ground.
Hazel on the other hand would lay on the grass and wave her arms and legs around. I'll always remember putting her on the sand at golden gardens beach and having her wiggle and squirm her way INTO the sand so that she could feel it all.
They are still this way. August does not understand why people put sandals on in the sand. Hazel longs to run in the grass/sand without shoes on.
Ahh, these kids.

5 comments:

bandwidow said...

good spelling hazel (very funny about trying to scare you). i remember august's aversion to the grass...

*nice color change, love how it complements that great photo.

Jennifer said...

thanks,
august has taken to spinning in circles while snapping pictures with my phone.

stephy said...

The picture of them on the couch just kills me! Too adorable.
Thanks too for your thoughts you posted at my blog. It means a lot to have people enter into it with me.

tania said...

love this post and the old kid pics :)

Anonymous said...

Hey August, I was just the same. I HATED the feel of grass when I was a kid. Grandma (my mom) would just put me on a blanket in the grass when i was a toddler. If i was barefoot, i would never leave the blanket. who wants durt on their feets?