10/2/07

Inspiration

it's windy and wet outside. our house still has it's original furnace from 1947 so it's a bit chilly as i sit on my green comfy couch and type away. i've got my big, wide, white scarf wrapped around my neck and my french press coffee on the table next to me in an effort to force the warmth around me.
i need inspiration. i haven't been working on anything. fall brings school which should bring more free time for me but this year i have to work as much as possible. i don't mind working. i rather enjoy the time in the kids school. i've been able to peek in on hazel at lunch as well as in her classroom. august has been surprised a number of times by me sneaking up on him and giving him a quick kiss (he isn't embarrassed by these yet). the problem with working is that it isn't constant. last week i worked 3 days, the week before i worked 1 day, this week i'm working 2 days. it's almost impossible to come up with a schedule. i need a schedule. i feel a bit lost not knowing if i'm going to work this day or that, not knowing if i have time to myself...
trey bought me a new knitting book. i haven't picked up needles in a while. this book is full of scarves. i'm excited to start (and complete) a project. now i just need to find the time to get to the yarn store to find that perfect yarn. i want the scarf i make to be wearable and luxurious. anyone have any ideas? i'm so sick of wool with it's itchy, itchy texture. i have a basket full of it from last year and just don't know what to do with it all. i'd love to find a usable cotton/silk mix...just thinking about it makes my fingers ache to knit.
sigh.

7 comments:

bandwidow said...

I'm needing some consistancy as well, up for trying a girls knitting night again?

tania said...

i was just thinking of how i wanted to knit myself a new scarf too! and one that is NOT itchy on my neck. keep us posted with what you come up with. the new book looks great. would love to sit and knit with you and drink french press... miss you xo.

melissa said...

boy am i feeling the same thing....oh to hang out and knit. i'll check my stash...i remember having a nice cotton...we'll see if i find it!

Bloomin' said...

I think knitting a green and brown striped scarf for your chilly Greek friend in MI is a GREAT idea - scratchy or not. And how nice of you to have it finished in time for his visit in 2 weeks!

Jennifer said...

hmmmmmmmmmm.

Jenny said...

I like baby alpaca...i'm not sure how itchy it is over time..but it feels amazing when you first put it on. Kind of pricey though!

Anonymous said...

Jen, you get your knitting from our grandmother... she loves to see your knitting! keep being creative... it's the best way to relax! mom