5/23/07

Guess what I got?

did you think i would neglect you on this the day of my birth? no my friends (and family) i am here, loyally blogging away to inform you all of how i spent my day.
this morning my family woke me and sang happy birthday to me. trey took the kids to school so i could walk the dog and get ready to go out to breakfast with 2 of my girl friends.
ann and rachel took me to a nice little neighborhood restaurant that i had never been to...i'm so glad we went and can't wait to take trey there some weekend. after dropping ann back off at her car rachel and i set out to do some shopping downtown. there really is something to be said about going downtown in the middle of the week...there was actually room to walk on the sidewalks and i didn't feel claustrophobic in the shops...
after our little shopping excursion i dropped rachel off and picked trey up for a quick coffee break then headed home to let the dog out and play with my birthday gift. not gonna tell you what i got just yet...you'll have to wait.
the weather turned pretty nice by the time i made my way to the school to pick the kids up with tank. tank and i practiced his sitting at every crosswalk and keeping up with me as we walked towards august and hazel. at this point i simply have to suggest picking hazel up and tank is ready and running for the door. it's very sweet watching this family accept a new member.
with the kids in tow we headed home. august was a bit upset because i suggested that he start his homework when we get home (something he has NOT started yet) so that he can play his DS on friday.
now we wait for trey to come home so that we can have a nice birthday dinner at my favorite indian restaurant here in seattle.
you wanna know what i got?
well.
a few parents sent some money for my birthday so we combined that and got....THE CAMERA I WANTED!!!
it's a Nikon D40. i love it. thank you, thank you.
here's some much missed pictures of the day:
the gals.
the boy.
the girl.
the tank.

thanks.

5 comments:

tania said...

man oh man that camera takes great pictures!! (i am sure the fact that you're not half bad at taking pix has something to do with that too) Sounds like a really nice day. happy birthday again. :) love ya. xoxo

melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Jen!
Sounds like a great birthday...can't wait to see more photos!

kustuck said...

whoo hoo :). nice pics, great bday. ahhhh....

palomarace said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!
I wish I could have been there to celebrate with ya!!!
Sounds like it was a great day!
you are loved my friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jen!! I am so jealous of the new camera and bet you will take some awesome pictures this summer! Hope to see you guys soon.