9/11/08

Thursday

So to give Hazel a little credit, she did wake up at 1 in the morning saying that her head was hurting so I gave her some Tylenol and she went back to sleep. But I was still surprised by the phone call from the school nurse suggesting that I come and pick Hazel up at 10:30 this morning.
I told the school that I'd be there as quick as I could but that I was in Edmonds and it may take a while, then Tank and I regretfully left the amazing dog beach and raced home.
When I arrived, Hazel was sitting on that bed thing that every school nurse office has, she didn't even notice me when I came in the room. We loaded in the car and started driving to Whole Foods to get her some soup.
During the drive we had this conversation:

Me- "OK, Haze, when we get home you can eat your soup and then you're going to go to bed."
H- "WHAT?! That's not right! I'm not even tired! I never fall asleep when I'm sick! Can't I at LEAST lay down on the couch?"
Me- "Nope. You've got to go to bed so that your body can get better. Did you think it would be fun to come home sick?"
H- "YES!!! I thought I could lay on the couch and watch TV cause that ALWAYS makes me feel better!"
Me- "Sorry baby, that is not resting, that's watching TV. Today is a school day, no TV, you know that."
H- "BUT I'M SICK!"
Me- "I know...that's why you're going to go to bed after the soup."
H- "This is TOTALLY not fair!"

So, she's eaten her soup and had a glass of water and is currently in her room. I'm sure she's not in bed, but she's quiet and she's not in front of the TV...success!

****Hazel has been asleep for about an hour now! I ended up going into her room to lay down with her, she resisted and talked....a lot...but was snoring within a half hour. TRUE SUCCESS!!****

3 comments:

bandwidow said...

poor kiddo...enter the sick months...let us know when you're heading back to the dog park!

tania said...

oh, hazel. poor girl. good job not giving in to the tv, jen. that's a tough one when they are sick.

rachel said...

ha!
why do kids never admit to being tired?
she's one smart cookie tho!