1/31/14

Well Hello There

Yes, yes.  It's been a while. I've been told that I'm not good at keeping people up to date. Lemme try to fix that real quick.
Things are good. Kids have survived their first semester. They've made friends. They've gotten involved in church and Young Life. Both kids went on a mission trip to Jamaica with their youth group for a week. Both came back with a new outlook.
August is going to start taking classes at an Art school on February 1st. He's really looking forward to it.
Hazel is still taking Hip Hop and is really getting good. It's so cool seeing her improve over time.
We've gone to Disney Land about 8 times since the move. Working on planning our next visit...anybody coming out for Spring Break?
Folks out here get cold real easily. It was 61out earlier today and I promise you, folks were wearing GLOVES! I have to be honest with you...I'm cold too. I feel bad about it. But my feet are super cold right now. I've really adjusted to the warmth...and the sun.
It's been 7 months since my surgery. The scar is barely there. I met with an endocrinologist yesterday. He was a trip; older, witty. In the end, he put me on levothyroxine. Any of you taking that? I have to take it first thing in the morning and then wait an hour before eating anything. In a month I'll go back and get my blood drawn again to check the levels. Also going in to get an ultrasound on the remaining half of my thyroid. He made it sound like it would've been easier if I would have had the whole thing removed. I suppose if I'd known I would be put on medication anyway I might have gone that way. Any who, it's another adjustment. Weird to think that I'll be on medication for the rest of my life. I feel too young and healthy for all that.
On another note- Trey, Amy, Scott and I all went Paleo for the month of January. Guess what? I kinda like it. It's really just cutting gluten, dairy and sugar from your diet. We' ve been fixing food from Nom Nom Paleo. Made the best stew and curry. Tonight I had steak and eggs and grilled carrots. Totally good, totally satisfying. Today is the 30th day. We will for sure cheat this weekend. How could we not?
So that's it.

No comments: