7/9/10

So Much

Our summer began with a trip out to Chicago and the Detroit area.
My grandma Dixon turned 90 this year and boy howdy did they throw a party for her!
I'm not sure how many people came to celebrate her but it was a full house! We got to see many friends from long ago as well as our immediate family. More pictures are up on my mobile me gallery.

After spending some time with my side of the family we drove from Chicago to the Detroit area to spend some time with Trey's side of the family, but before we officially left my old stomping grounds we made a stop at the house I grew up in.
We've done this a number of times in the past but this time...someone was home...and they noticed a crazy gal snapping pictures...and they invited us in!
The event was rather emotional and I don't think I've fully processed it yet but I did put every single picture up on my mobile me gallery. I know that it won't mean that much to most of you but to me and my family, it's pretty cool. August and Hazel and Zane got to see where their parent's grew up.

2 comments:

bandwidow said...

I love that Jen! What a completely full trip! I too got to walk thru the house I grew up in a few years back when it was up for sale and it is crazy emotional, and everything seemed so much smaller.

tania said...

Love this- looks like a wonderful vacation. xoxo