11/5/09

I Know I'm Not the Only One

My mailbox has been over loaded with catalogs lately...tis the season I suppose. Some of them are immediately recycled but every once in a while I take a quick peek and am surprised at the treasures inside.
Here are some super cute (and crave-worthy items) I've been sneaking peeks at lately:
Night Owl Sateen Bedding from Garnet Hill. What?! These are so cute...Trey would HATE them!

These clay owls also from Garnet Hill, so cute they're all sold out...how did I even get on the mailing list for Garnet Hill?

What about these knit sleeve candles from anthropologie?

Or this amazing cardigan also from anthropologie?
But really, have you looked through the new anthropologie catalog? Holy smokes!

Wouldn't August look so handsome in this sweater?

Um...yum!

And...yum!

And...can you tell that I wish we were going to have the opportunity to eat at our favorite deli this holiday season?

This is our year to stay home for the holidays. We try to get back to Michigan every other year. Staying home is a bitter-sweet thing for us. I do love decorating the house and really getting into the spirit of Christmas...it's so much easier to do it knowing that we'll be in our own home on Christmas morning. We do need to establish our own traditions after all.
I'm really hoping to go to see the PNB put on the Nutcracker. We've always thought it would be a good thing to look forward to on the years that we stay home...we've yet to go, but I'm really hoping that this is our year.
We are really looking forward to having Thanksgiving with the Bazan family this year. D and A really are like family to us here in Seattle...it's so good to have them around...and with their new baby...I just can't get enough of them.

Christmas is creeping up on us and I've started ordering things for the kids. A few years back I found these super soft sheets and bought the kids each a set. They. Love. These. Sheets. And they were on sale! So I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery, a new set for each kid. Hazel currently has the light purple one so I picked a light green for her new set. August has a dark blue set so I just picked another shade of blue for him. They'll be so excited when they open them on Christmas morning.

7 comments:

bandwidow said...

Fun post Jen! I think I may consider getting El some of those sheets! And bravo for already starting on the Christmas shopping.

Jennifer said...

Oh AK, she'd love them. I'm not kidding...the kids are so happy when I put these on their beds.
It's only the fitted sheet though...they are warm enough to have just that and their comforter. They also have the pillow case that the kids love too.

stephy said...

I'm having an aneurysm over those owl sheets. But then those chamois sheets?? I want them all...I feel middle aged because I can get this excited over bedding. And owls.

Jennifer said...

Tell me about it!
The chamois sheets are amazing...and they wash up perfectly.
Ugh...now I sound even more like a mom...talking about how a sheet washes...gross.

Those owl sheets...I stinking love them.

stephy said...

I was just talking today about how flannel sheets wash up so amazingly. They should make the owl sheets in the chamois! Our husbands would revolt.

tania said...

This post is putting me in the holiday spirit! How fun, Jen!

Jennifer said...

Steph- They'd have a fit!

Tan- Ho! Ho! Ho!