3/11/09

This and That

Director and Producer:: Heather and Jen


Hello!
I've made it through my first production of an elementary school play!!Backstage doing makeup for 66 kids.
August had the role of Sampson, a character who just would not go away...he sang a song about going to the bathroom August practicing his potty song backstage.
(how perfect for him!) and was eaten by a dragon only to return and be thrown off the ship...he was just a bad penny who kept turning up...and he did a great job!
August singing "How Dry I Am" right before intermission.

How dry I am, How wet I'll be if I don't find the bathroom key!!August about to fall asleep after drinking sleeping potion...he is then fed to the dragon so that Jason can get the golden fleece.

It was a three month process with tons of paperwork, email, phone calls and costuming. I'm happy with how it all turned out...especially considering it was my first year. I'm already writing myself some notes for next year! Like...wouldn't it be great if I got my brother Scott to write the elementary school play????? And...how wonderful would it be if Rebecca came and played piano live?! And...didn't Justin say he could do set design!!??
We'll see!

3 comments:

tww said...

Jen, I am so proud of you!! This looks like an amazing play! And, great job, August!! You look like a natural up there! So impressed!

tww said...

oops that comment was from tania, not tim!

bandwidow said...

my comment maybe didn't go through, or i misspelled the word verification thingy. anyhow, i said that we L-O-V-E-D it! We've had all the songs stuck in our heads, and have been talking in Jason's cool surfer voice to tease El (think she developed a bit of a crush on the lead). August WAS a natural up there, we were so proud of him, "he stealed the show," E said.

jen, you should be very proud of yourself and family. there was a huge difference in quality between last years and this and it all points to you my dear.