5/15/09

Fabulous Friday

I wore a bright orange dress on Friday.
Hazel picked it out for me saying that I wore too much black and why couldn't I "just wear some color sometime?" So we looked in my closet and sure enough...loads of black and very few colors. The next time I went shopping I brought Hazel with me and told her that she could pick a dress. She picked a bright orange dress.
The weather was beautiful on Friday so I thought I'd go for it and put it on after my workout...
It's actually hard to know if it was a hit because the folks at school were probably just shocked to see color on me, but while I was distributing DVDs from the play I was bombarded with compliments. The dress was from the gap and unfortunately a piece of it fell off by the end of the day but I think I can fix it. Hazel was so proud of me for wearing such a vibrant dress though.

Hazel had a Daisy meeting right after school that ended at 5pm. August had Ultimate Frisbee around that time so I played taxi driver and dropped August off at a team mates house and then rushed over to pick up Hazel and then off again to drop her off at a Nanny Night back at the school. Then rushed over to Magnuson to catch the last part of August's game only to rush him back to the school for Nanny Night before meeting up with Trey to grab a bite to eat.
We ended up going to this little neighborhood hole in the wall called La Casa De Mojito. It's a Latin American restaurant with really good mojitos.

It was a pretty good Friday night.

No comments: